Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What I Got For Christmas... by Smokey



Hi there. Smokey here. Sorry we've been gone a little lately. There's going to be an update on Mom's other blog - the kids have been keeping things hoppin' on the home front. Me and Lily have just been hanging out in the mud. Cuz it has been raining and that's good, because everyone was saying there wasn't any hay which is NOT a good idea. But our space got so muddy that it hurt Lily's shoulder so now she's hanging out with Cody and the new ex-stallion who thinks he's all that.

Yeah. I remember when I had that feeling. Sorta.

Anyway, for Christmas Mom got us the tooth fairy. It was good too because she says I'm sensitive. I had lost some of my hip and mom was going on and on about the bit thing, and so she took a look see.

Now, I don't think I'm sensitive. It's more like perceptive. In a big tough horse kind of way. Like a scout.

I got the whole nine yards. Tooth, some chiro, and a little bit of work below the cinch, if you know what I mean.



I'm a very good patient. I know when to chew on the sticks and when to let go.




You know, the tooth fairy, Miss Loren, she's tougher than she looks.



She fixed Lily too, but she just needed her hips and shoulder done. But I like getting the works for the holidays. When we went for a ride today, I didn't mind the bit at all! We even rode bareback and dragged Lily around.



Nothing against Santa, but I'll take the tooth fairy any day. Marey Christmas and a Gelding New Year!

8 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Such a pretty blue halter, Smokey. I'm glad you like the tooth fairy.
Bionic Cowgirl

Shirley said...

Interesting to see that she doesn't use a speculum. Bet Smokey is happier now, and sorry to hear that Lily got hurt.

Leah Fry said...

Man, I have got to find a nearby equine chiro. Maybe I'll make that a NY resolution.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! My daughter Jen had a nice visit on Christmas from the Tooth Fairy, too. Smokey, you're so cute, I just want to kiss you! That ex-stallion has nothing on you!

~Lisa

Dan and Betty said...

Sounds good to me and better than most of the Christmas presents I got. (Just kidding in case any of my family reads this blog).

Have a great New Year.

Dan

Jan said...

Smokey, You are such a good writer! I love hearing your stories! Glad you got a nice tooth fairy visit for Christmas. Hope all is well with your human family. I've been thinking about them a lot- tell your mom I really hope everything is working out well.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Awww, poor Smokey! Hope you're not too sore now.

I think I like the old fashioned floats with the rasp better than the electric sander drill my vets use.

Morning Bray Farm said...

You did good, Smokey!

We wish you all a Happy New Year!