Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our new saddle

Work has been a little intense, but that gave me time to wait for this to arrive.


This is the best deal I've ever gotten on a saddle and I have to say I really just spoke out loud - I need a gaited saddle, name brand, for about $500.

Meet my Circle Y, gaited trail gaiter, used 6 times. $560 (that $60 was for shipping). Found it on Horseclicks, which was a new classifieds for me.

Thank you, Universe!!

First day try out (for all of 15 minutes, had to get home): Very cushy seat, fit the horse, fit the butt. :) I will see how the flex tree works out. We have another flex tree saddle, also a circle y, park and trail model for Lily that has worked very well.

Hopefully riding is on the schedule tomorrow.

8 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Nice!

Always wonderful to find what you need at a price you can afford.

Bill

Dan and Betty said...

Well done. It looks a lot like my Steele Custom Mountaineer Saddle.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine.

Dan

Carol said...

That saddle is gorgeous! Isn't it amazing what happens when you put things out there? I'm glad your beautiful saddle appeared and I'll look forward to reading about your first rides in it.

Shirley said...

Always nice to get a saddle that fits both your horse and you. Hope it works out well.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats! Looks nice on Smokey, too!

~Lisa

Maery Rose said...

Wow! That was a good deal! I was trying out Tucker's Endurance and Plantation saddles yesterday with their gel seats. Nice but oh so expensive! I'm also looking for something cut more for a gaited horse. Luke is only half Tennessee Walker and isn't all that gaited but he is built like one and the barrel saddle I have seems to constrict in the shoulders. I can't wait to hear how you end up liking your new saddle.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Sweet deal!

allhorsestuff said...

That is one neat looking saddl, love the two tone and shape of it. Cool deal too!