Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Unraveling in an emergency - CONTEST!

On the plane coming home last week I had the good fortune of winning the Southwest Airlines lottery - that's when you get to sit next two interesting individuals. It's a short flight from Dallas to San Antonio and we had a great time chatting for 45 minutes.

One of the gentlemen was wearing a braided paracord bracelet. I've always wanted one. These are bracelets you can unravel and end up with a good six feet of rope - for an emergency halter, for example. Or lead rope. Or tie down.

In my opinion it's the perfect horseman accessory.

Turns out his twins make these at home - they are in scouts. I love scouts. They are always the most industrious kids ever.

So I've decided it's time for a CONTEST. And the nice thing is that some of you have already entered!

First some details on the bracelets:





From Mark:

My sons are very excited about starting their paracord bracelets business. We are calling it 2Chaps Paraband (their names are Mason and Logan Chapman by the way, they are 13-year old twins).

They can make any size (could be used as an ankle bracelet too) in just about any color. They are going to donate $1 of each sale to a charity based on the color sold. (see chart below) .






Isn't it great? So here's the contest:

If you left me a comment over the last three posts (during my agonizing over Cibolo) you are already entered! Wasn't that easy?

If you didn't and want to enter, just leave one before Thursday at noon. Then I'll figure out a way to draw a winner.

The winner gets a paracord bracelet in their size with the color of their choosing to support these great kids with their heart in the right place.

But what if you don't win?

If you want to order one on your own, here's the details:

Measure your wrist - btw, if it is 6 inches around, that equals about 6 ½ ft of paracord!

Each band will sell for $10, with a $1 going to charity (as mentioned above). Send an email to monicachapman (at) satx.rr (dot) com for ordering information.

Black = Urban Connection
Red = American Heart Association
Red, White, Blue = National MS Society
Yellow = Lance Armstrong Foundation
Pink = Susan G. Komen Foundation
Camo/all other = Disability Resource Inc



You've all been here for me as I try to find my way on this journey with horses. You've given me the support to understand where I'm wandering off path and helped me have the courage to continue on.

Maybe one of these bracelets will help you out of a jam, too.

11 comments:

Melanie said...

These are really cool, but honsestly??? You deserve to win a prize for putting up with all of our long comments...lol!!! : )

Well, mine are anyway....

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are very cool! I was thinking... this is a great way to use up those hay strings...hmmmm. What does yellow stand for again? Lance?
Oh, and I'd love to be entered in the contest because I don't know how to make one!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Brilliant!
And to think I'm already entered, too? Fabulous!

And how ironic that the kids are not only twins, but boys, 13 and in Scouts, too!

My twins are boys, 13 yrs old and will be in Scouts this Fall! How awesome is that?!

These bracelets are not only good for us horse folks, but also good for us hikers, campers and letterboxers, too.

What a treat that you won the SouthWest Airlines Lottery (hehe!) and got to meet someone so interesting. :)

~Lisa

Leah Fry said...

I know I'm already entered, but how cool is that?? That guy sure has a couple great kids.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, and useful, idea! I agree with Melanie!

Anonymous said...

What a blast from the past. Don used to make these when he was in the Air Force. I still have the one he made for me - I cherish it. These bracelets are very cool and will last through anything!

Wolfie said...

You are a very thoughtful woman, Breathe! And, wow, how cool are these bracelets. I wish these young men success in their venture.

AareneX said...

A very cool thing. I was raised in a house full of Scouts, and I still buy Scout-o-rama tickets every year. Have never actually been to a Scout-o-rama, but I buy the tickets every year anyhow!

Jeni said...

How neat! I've never seen anything like those before.

I think I've left a comment... If not I'm leaving one now =)

sahara4d said...

Those are really neat, what a great idea! The kids are running a business, and donating to charities. Kudos to them.

allhorsestuff said...

That IS a great thing...sitting by unique and interesting people on planes!Glad you won that...and shared that cool little bracelet with us all! I have not seen those...but great idea, with human interest involved too!

I just took the horse personality test...Yup, she is a "rock star"..I am doomed for never having the patience with her..she dislikes the details! I don't know how this sort of horse can be at the top of the winners circle...for not being able to focus!
Something about finding out the truth..sometimes is is freeing..and sometimes a very HEAVY weight.
KK