Well, we decided to take the horses for a swim on Labor day. It would be their first ride together in the trailer.
Loading Cibolo took some doing at the barn, and finally he loaded when I went to the front window and Adam sent him in.
It was a sign of things to come.
Lilly, on the other hand, jumped in lickety split. Our trainer had worked with her and said she really made major progress. No kidding. She loaded like nothing, then unloaded like nothing.
We went over to the lake and I had a feeling I didn't really have Cibolo's attention. I did some ground work, but only made a little progress. Still we went down to the water and let them swim for a while - we didn't want to ride, it was just a test outing.
So, after an hour it was time to go home.
Cibolo would not load. It was as if everything unraveled. We switched roles a couple times, increased pressure, reduced pressure, did work outside. Finally the only thing that worked was opening the window so he could stick his head out. The only problem with that is that he sticks it so far out that it's dangerous to drive with him. So Adam had to twist his nose to push him back in.
It took an hour.
Then Lilly jumped right in.
I swear, it's enough to drive me to just buy a motorcycle.
I was pretty discouraged but Adam made a good point.
"We won. We got them loaded."
We need to take another trip immediately, and I was hoping to do it sooner rather than later, but life is already hectic. Hopefully we can do something tomorrow.
(was going to post a video on this, but my memory card is MIA... maybe it's in the trailer)