Saturday, February 27, 2010
The best thing about an award
The best thing about an award is it give you an opportunity to discover new blogs.
I received this one twice (thanks Kate and Mrs Mom!) and I have to say... WOO HOO! :)
It comes with three conditions. Links back where they come from (Here's one, here's the other), 7 things about me and 15 new blogs to pass it on to.
Here are 7 things about me.
1. I worked in a planetarium in college. It was the best job ever, but everyone I knew was a bit vampire like in complexion, so I opted to move on to a job that might entail occasional contact with sunlight.
2. I don't eat pork, bacon, or anything made from pigs. This comes from encountering photos of how pigs are butchered. That, and too much exposure to talking pigs in literature.
3. I majored in political science not because I'm particularly political, but because I switched from engineering and just looked in the catalog for all the classes I was interested in taking. Then I retrofitted a major based on the classes.
4. I'm the most talkative introvert you'll ever meet.
5. It's virtually impossible to embarrass me in public. I went from being thin skinned as a child to being practically bullet proof as an adult. I do, however, love figureing out how to mortify a few individuals who have needed it for a very long time.
6. I have only broken one bone in my life. My thumb. I still can't snap my fingers on that hand.
7. I'm the tallest woman in my family and I'm only 5' 5". Seriously. I'm like the Amazon around here. Now my daughter looks poised to swipe the crown off my head. Fine with me, I'm tired of being the only one who can reach anything. :)
Now for 12 amazing blogs that I've take to recently (this award is making the rounds, so coming up with 15 that aren't on other lists has been tough). These are in no particular order:
1 Sweet Horses Breath is a heart filled blog about a woman with her first horse, a sweet OTTB. She's had a tough journey, particularly of late, and we are all pulling for Laz these days.
2. Haiku Farm is filled with stories, philosophy and insight. And there are horses too. :)
3. Boring Red Horse is a fun and thoughtful blog with a beautiful sorrel and a cute chihuahua. What's not to love?
4. Equestrian Vagabond is where we learned about the Amazing Amigo. But it's also where Merri lets her herd run into a canyon to get in shape for endurance rides.
5. Heroes and Dragons chronicles life after loss and amazing work with horses in the process - including Helen trying Vaulting!
6. Great story telling at MugWump Chronicles - not a new blog, but new to me. Meg is a trainer, retired now, but how does one ever really retire horse training (you stop getting paid).
7. There's a Horse in my Bubblebath is a new one for me, RedDunAppy not only has a... red dun appy, but is working with Dublin, a puppy under training to be a service dog.
8. Two Mares' Veronica hasn't been blogging enough in my opinion. She's got two slightly crazy mares she's working with... One does the limbo.
9. Literary Horse is so well written, then it's so funny, then it's incredibly informative. Love it, Jane.
10. Mikael's Arabians is all about breeding arabians.
11. Tammy in TX is a fun read since Tammy is getting into team penning on her beautiful TWH, Summer..
12. Wolfie's What Was I Thinking is honest, funny, and a great blog about Wolfie and the new man in her life, Gem.
Go now and discover new blogs!!