I'll be calling the farrier, but I believe it's just time for another injection for Lily. It's been 10 months, and I imagine the effects have been wearing off for some time.
Then we went to trailer loading class for Cibolo. Now he'll get in pretty well, but won't quite get in place for the divider. I haven't been able to work consistently, so I am determined to wait it out for a while. We've really only had 3 sessions and they've been spaced out over 3 weeks. Certainly not ideal training schedule.
I'm going to stay on this track for a few more sessions to see if I can get this where it needs to be. If we stay stuck, then I'll have to consider what I need to change...
Then, once Cibolo was in, we decided to load Lily, just for fun. She's been loading great.
But then SHE started to have issues. She'd get in and then hop right out. So we spent 10 minutes until she would at least stand in place - we opted not to go for closing the door because we were supposed to be done... Plus I knew she wasn't feeling well, which doesn't seem like a good time to work on training.
It's situations like this that make me wish I lived with my horses. I believe (falsely, maybe) that if they were just HERE I could work on something like this 2 x a day for 4 days running. Then we could really get it done. Instead I'm trying to squeeze things in between a brutal work schedule, the demands of motherhood and wifedom, and various domestic duties for which I am ill suited.
On the good end of things I was able to push Cibolo through a stubborn moment during the ride involving a refusal and scary flapping stuff, and my confidence never wavered. A few months ago I would have gotten off and walked us through it. I didn't even consider that this time. I regained his attention and we rode through it.
Could I be done with the fear that I rode with for so long?
Time will continue to tell.