Tuesday, August 3, 2010

At the Vet and a Gift


Yesterday we went to the vet. Lily had the works done. Teeth floating...



Extra sedation for the Caslick procedure (which you can read about here, but warning, it has graphic photos), and her coffin joint injection. So basically she got worked from both ends and even the bottom.




At least she had a sense of humor about it.


Then, after a very stressful day (unrelated to the vet visit) I opened an envelope on my desk and found this:



A very sweet Morgan mare. Thank you, G. It's exactly what I needed.

Especially since I'm in love with a morgan who looks a little like this, but he's a buckskin. Who is still for sale at our barn. But too young for me - he's only 4.

But a woman can dream.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Nice to get everything done at once! The buckskin is very cute.

morningbrayfarm said...

So I learn something new every day. I'm sure Lily is glad to have that all over now for a while.

What a wonderful surprise to receive in the mail. :)

Fragrant Liar said...

If I got all my teeth cleaned while I got a pedi and a pap smear, they'd have to knock me out cold. No, wait. They'd have to kill me. Lily is a far better sport than I.

Always so nice to receive gifts. :-)

Beth said...

What a sweet surprise, well for you not Lily.

Once Upon an Equine said...

I hope Lily recovers quickly from her procedure. Sometimes it is just heck to be a girl.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sometimes dreams do come true.....


What a sweet gift to brighten your day.
Hope Lily is feeling better after her vet visit. :)

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I just clicked on that link. Eeeekkk! Did Lily really have the Vulvoplasty Operation done, too?
ouch!
How is she feeling today? Do you have to do anything special in regards to healing for her?

I don't remember you ever metioning that her vulva was abnormal or that she was having health issues. I hope this wasn't an emergency surgery because of a tear?

Poor Lily!

~Lisa