Saturday, July 26, 2008

Out of the saddle again

No, I haven't been bucked off, other than by my schedule. It's been days since I've gotten to the stables and I miss it.

That's the one thing I don't like about horse ownership, at least for us. Our horse is at a stables that takes a while to get to and since my life is often too crazy to keep up with, I just don't get over there. So I miss seeing Canyon, sometimes for an entire week.

Which doesn't help the training thing at all. I know by the time I get back out there I'll be starting over or stepping back a few steps. But sometimes I notice it seems like some of our earlier work will have set in place.

Then other times the amnesia is impressive.

In the meantime I've been staying up late reading horse mags and thinking about the next ride. Hopefully it'll be soon.

No comments: