Thursday, March 19, 2009

New shoes


I met the farrier out at the stables today but had to leave. I wanted to photograph his rig, but I had to run a bunch of errands. Here was his report:

I had to put on new shoes. I was able to eliminate the sole packing mtl. and replace the large wedge with one somewhat smaller. All feet look really great.


So Canyon's hoof is growing out and his wedge is shrinking. His shoulder has evened up and he is good, if slightly rotund. I miss him, the stables are so quiet these days is sort of sad. When we first went there it was filled with activity. Now I'm just about the only rider left.

I'd like to find our next place, and I think I have. Next week, now that we've closed on our SBA loan, I'm going to check on a land loan. I want to bring my horse home.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay for Canyon! And exciting plans for you. I hope they work out soon so you can bring Canyon home.

Great photo, too :)

~Lisa