Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Off topic - broken hearts

Over on my crib notes blog I'm putting up part of an online journal I kept when my daughter had open heart surgery. April 7th is the 10 year anniversary of that day.

Here's an excerpt from the first entry, click on over if you'd like to read more...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

.... The shock and sadness overwhelmed us all. I don’t know exactly how we are going to make it through the next few months, but I know we will.

And I know that this determined little girl will make it through the surgery she needs. She’s already proven she’s in charge and won’t take no for an answer.


Through this I know that many of us will learn even more about what really matters. Maybe we’ll all heal some of the fears and wounds in our own hearts as she heals hers.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, I had no idea that this has happened in yours and your child's life. Such a monumental life changing experience for your entire family. I will head over to your other blog shortly to read your journal.

Thank you so much for sharing it :)

~HUGS
Lisa