Monday, November 16, 2009

OT: Appliance heaven...




For a year and a half, this was my world. When our dishwasher died a lime coated death, we kept saying we were going to just fix it. I bought parts, tried different fixes, but nothing worked for more than one cycle.

Money was tight and I had a new found sense of frugalty. I can wash dishes by hand, darn it! I don't need a dishwasher!!

Just one problem.

I. Hate. Washing. Dishes.

So, thanks to the greatest accountant in the world getting us a HUGE tax refund, here it is. My favorite non-horse aquisition.

Mr. Westinghouse. Complete with POWERSCOUR.





Isn't he handsome? I love his blue eyes.

I remember in my 20s I was APPALLED that women got excited about appliances. Sigh. I'm sooo old...


3 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I started my kids early in earning and saving money for college. I gave them choices as to what chores they wanted to do around the house to earn that money. They always chose washing dishes over shoveling manure. Of course, I think, why would anyone in their right mind choose to wash dishes over shoveling manure? Anyway, as a result, I haven't had to wash dishes in years. (You can slap me if you'd like.) However, my son will be leaving for college in two years, so I'd better start practicing.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooooohhhhh....Power Scour!

I think I'm in love!

~Lisa

lytha said...

ah, mine doesn't have blue eyes, mine has one green one.

oh, i love it! i hate washing dishes by hand because in the last 20 years of my life, i never had a dishwasher, until this year.

i call it my magic box. i say, look, you put dirty stuff in there, and press a button, and voila, all clean and shiny! i love my magic box!

my husband is tired of hearing me talk about how much i love our magic box. but i HATE washing dishes by hand.

NM, *LOL*!

~lytha