Saturday, July 4, 2009

Going, going...

Gone.






....................



You know I kind of expected some sort of look of relief and love to come onto Canyon's face when he saw who was here to pick him up.

But he was just... I don't know. Like the farrier was here. Or another rider coming to see her horse in the pasture.

(is it awful that I felt good that he didn't just give me a hateful look and jump to follow his new/old mom?)


Don't get me wrong, it's not like he nickered for me as he was leaving. Which is good. He has never known a bad situation and that is as it should be.


................


I thought I'd be sadder.


I'm not. It was time and this couldn't have had a better ending.

We are blessed.



In the spirit of Lily, now our remaining horse, I'm going with a more... sorel look to the blog.

1 comment:

allhorsestuff said...

Well, I am glad for you to be so resolve. I know it is difficult to find that the match is NOT there..and you have done the right thing...specially since the bucking antics were so bad.

I think the next time I ride the field where my mare bucked me off..I will shoclk the heck outa her..I will ride a western saddle(after making sure it fits and lunging her too) see what she thinks about that!
KacyK