Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Horse shopping and Lightbulbs


All this horse shopping reminded me of this old series of jokes:

HOW MANY HORSES DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHTBULB?


THOROUGHBRED: Who ME?? Do WHAT? I'm scared of light bulbs! I'm outta
here!

ARABIAN: Someone else do it. It might get my silky mane dirty and
besides, who's gonna read me the instructions?

QUARTER HORSE: Put all the bulbs in a pen and tell me which one you
want. (this is precisely why I'm in the market for a quarter horse - winter)

STANDARDBRED: Oh for Pete's Sake, give me the @$%# bulb and let's be
done with it. (hmmm. or a standardbred)

SHETLAND: Give it to me. I'll kill it and we won't have to worry about
it anymore. (right. no shetlands.)

FRIESIAN: I would, but I can't see where I'm going from behind all
this mane.

BELGIAN: Put the Shetland on my back, maybe he can reach it then.

WARMBLOOD: Is the 2nd Level Instruction Packet in English? Doesn't
anyone realize that I was sold for $75K as a yearling, but only
because my hocks are bad, otherwise I would be worth $100K? I am NOT
changing lightbulbs. Make the TB get back here and do it.

MORGAN: Me! Me! Me! Pleeease let me! I wanna do it! I'm gonna do it! I
know how, really I do! Just watch! My parole officer said it's okay,
really! And when we're done we can go over to the neighbor's and chase
their cats! (I WAS considering a Morgan, but now I'm not so sure)

APPALOOSA: Ya'll are a bunch of losers. We don't need to change the
lightbulb, I ain't scared of the dark. And someone make that #$%@
Morgan stop jumping up and down before I double barrel him.

PAINT: What color lightbulb would you like?

FJORD: That thing I ate was a lightbulb?

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol....Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

I hop you find your dream horse, Winter. :)

~Lisa

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I was revisiting this post and laughing. It's fun to see what kinds of horses you were thinking about in those days.