Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sold! I have a new horse! No Saddle! Back Up! Lost Dog!

Warning: this post is all over the place. I tried to tie it all together by coming up with a snappy descriptor that starts with B. B for Bouncing, bounding, barely cohesive!


First things first: BOUGHT
(Isn't he just precious?)

Well, we are all good. The-Horse-formerly-known-as-Lobo is coming home with us in a few days - or a week(who knows what I'll name him, but I have at least one idea). I've had some challenges navigating ebay/paypal (note to self: never, ever, ever sell something on there again. What a rip off they've become!), so I'm delayed in getting my payment out.

But we are good and I can't wait to get him home.

Course, I don't have a saddle for him. But I'll just ride in Adam's roomy 17 inch saddle until I find a good 15 inch one - and save up from all this spending!

Horse! Trailer! Budget? Eek! Saddle? Ha!


BACK UP:

Given my brand new status as a horse trailer owner, it's time to come to terms with my terror at backing up a truck. Well, not so much terror as plain incompetence.

But lookie here:
This is at the parking garage at work - and this was a bump free (or braille free, as I like to think of it) parking job.

Bring it on, horsey.


BOOK IT:

I'm reading a book from the library so wonderful that I'm going to buy it (I'm a big library person and don't buy many books. But some you simply must own).


It's Horse Heaven by Jane Smiley. It's about racing, which I have no interest in, but the way she gets inside the head of a horse is astonishing and completely believable. The writing is stunning (she won the pulitzer for an earlier novel), and it is simply a joy to savor. Ask your library for a copy, but be prepared to extend your loan on it. It's huge and you don't want to miss a word.

Favorite character: Just-A-Bob, a sensible thoroughbred who wins repeatedly by a nose, extending just enough to make a difference.


BELLA, aka Lost and Found:

We lost and found our dog today. As we were scattering fliers around and visiting all the area pounds, we realized just how much we love her.

Bella is featured in this popcorn movie (she's the shepherd):




See? Isn't she a keeper?
Welcome home, Bella.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new horse! I really like his sweet face! And glad the dog is safe again.

Unknown said...

I am *so* happy for you! He is really lovely and I think you are on the road to a whole new kind of horsey relationship. Yay! And also yay that you pup is safe and sound! Carmon

Chelsi said...

YAYAYAY!!!! What a lovely boy he is!!! Cant wait to hear what you name him! Happy to hear that you got your puppy home safe and sound. Cute video!